On Thursday, May 7, we will be observing the annual National Day of Prayer. This is a dedicated day to join together with others in our nation to pray. This is perhaps one of the greatest times of need in our nation's history for us to come together to seek the Lord in prayer. A downloadable Prayer Guide is available here.
You can participate in several ways:
1. Bro. John will do several brief live-video posts on Facebook Live throughout the day, with each focused on a specific aspect of praying for our country. You can join him live at 10 am, noon, 2 pm, and 4 pm. These videos will also be available on our church Facebook page after the live events if you'd like or need to view later. Be sure to "Share" so others can know and join us.
2. Prayer Walk at any time during the day. As many observe a time to go out walking to "get out of the house," we encourage you to be intentional to use this time to pray. A Prayer Walking guide is available here.
3. Host or participate in a virtual prayer group using Zoom, Webex, FaceTime or some other online platform. These will be up to individual groups to organize and invite as you may wish to participate with others in prayer. If restrictions at the time permits, you might gather with a small group of others to pray while observing proper precautions.
4. Watch and participate in the national televised event that evening from 7-9 pm CST. This will be carried by GodTV, Daystar, Moody Broadcasting, and National Day of Prayer's Facebook Live. You can also watch on the NationalDayOfPrayer.org website.
5. The City of Terrell will be broadcasting their program live on Facebook at 9 am. Click here to go to their page.